The fastest way to clear all notifications on your Apple Watch
You know what the Apple Watch is great for? Notifications. Instead of constantly having to pull out your phone, any notifications you want can be delivered with a subtle tap right to your wrist. However, there is a downside to receiving notifications on your Watch (in addition to perhaps more frequent distractions), which is how to efficiently clear a long list of updates behind that little red dot at the top.
Your options for clearing notifications include;
- Checking and dismissing each little pop up as it comes in.
- Clearing notifications one at a time from a long list. To do this, pull down your notification list by swiping from the top of the watch face (red dot) to the bottom.
- From here, you can either tap each notification, read it in full, and then take action or click Dismiss.
- Alternately, you can swipe left on each notification header in the list and then click Clear.
- But the fastest and bestest way to clear a handful of incoming reminders is to use Force Touch to clear them all. To do this, pull down from the top red dot to bring up your notification list.
Then Force Touch on the notification list (Force Touch = a firm press into the screen), then confirm by tapping Clear All.
Clear All (shown after Force Touch)
Bam! No more red dot and all past notifications have been vanquished, at least for a few more hours.